Whether it was a newscaster scratching his head over yet another alleged Marilyn Monroe porn film or a conservative pundit worried about Congressman Todd Akin’s hurt feelings, people had silly things to say this past week. Here is a modest sampling.
- “He’s going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN, and what is going to happen when that happens? I’m thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe.” (Texas Judge Tom Head on the possibility of an Obama victory.)
- “While some experts claim the woman depicted in the grainy, black and white film is not the real Monroe, the jury is still out.” (CBS News’ Nick Dietz on a purported Marilyn Monroe porn reel.)
- “Do you feel betrayed by your fellow Republicans?” (Mike Huckabee to Congressman Todd Akin.)
- “In light of last week’s attempted murder of employees at the Family Research Council (FRC), we pro-family organizations ask Fox News to discontinue guest appearances by homosexual agitator Wayne Besen on the popular O’Reilly Factor TV show.” (Sally Kern, Oklahoma State Representative, among others, in letter to Fox News)
- “This was Obamacare’s ultimate goal: a system where the vast majority of Americans are receiving a check from the government. Then, when the system collapses under its own weight and the rising cost of premiums, the only path forward would be single-payer, the leftist dream.” (Benjamin Domenech, Heartland Institute.)